Customs House is in Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Customs House was opened in 1889, and was originally used for the collection of Customs duty. The building is a Brisbane landmark known for it's distinctive copper dome.
The downstream end of the Brisbane central business district was selected to spur the development of wharves in the precinct known as Petrie Bight.
The building is now leased by the University of Queensland and was refurbished in the 1990s. There is a restaurant and function centre within the building, and regular concerts and art exhibitions are also held here. The Long Room was once the place customs business was transacted. Today the room is used for lectures and dinners.
Customs House is within reach of the CityCat catamaran ferry service, as well as the Free Loop Bus - quoted from wikipedia.